The Local Education Authority
We are a community school and we work closely with our high-functioning Local Authority Education Department. This includes support and shared work around:
- Wide educational and cultural opportunities for pupils.
- Admissions and off-rolling.
- Safeguarding and early help for pupils and families.
- Support for pupils with Special Educational Needs.
- School Improvement.
- Staff training.
- Networks for teachers and school leaders.
- Moderation of pupil outcomes.
- Human Resources.
- Finance and Administration.
- Legal matters.
- Information management.
- Managing our premises.
- Voice in borough-level decision making.
Our relationship with the borough is invaluable. Find out more about Islington Schools here.