How School is Currently Operating
Our school is now fully open and operating largely as normal. We are not running a bubble system. There is no staggered start or end time to the school day. We do have some protective measures in place. These include:
- Lateral Flow Testing, twice weekly, for all staff.
- Regular, thorough hand washing for all pupils and staff.
- Hand sanitizer for all adults entering our buildings.
- Our staff wear masks in public spaces in school.
- Good ventilation in all our rooms (this means keeping windows open - on cold days, please do ask your children to wrap up warm!).
We ask parents to do three things:
- Do as much business with us as possible remotely, to limit the number of people entering our buildings. See our Contact Us page for full information on how to do this.
- Wear a mask and sanitised your hands if you do come into school.
- Provide a labelled water bottle for your child to bring to school.
- Most importantly, if your child has symptoms of coronavirus, do not bring them to school. Book a PCR test. Call us and tell us. We will be able to advise and help. See What to do if You or Your Child may have Coronavirus.
We do have a contingency plan in place, in line with DfE guidance. We will only enact this plan if advised to by Public Health and the Local Authority. The plan covers what we will do if coronavirus cases rise significantly in our school or local area. If we are told to enact the plan, we may:
- Reintroduce a bubble structure, in which groups of pupils are kept separate from each other.
- Reduce some aspects of our curriculum, such as inside PE and singing, or school trips.
- Ask groups of pupils to use LFDs daily, for a period of time.
- Ask groups of pupils to stay home. In this circumstance, we will provide for your child's education remotely. This will only happen as a last resort. It is as likley to happen because of staff absence as coronavirus amongst pupils.
Our priority is to provide your children with high-quality, ongoing education, whilst keeping everyone in our community as safe as possible.