This Wednesday is our next Parent Forum meeting. It is a chance for you to come into school and meet senior managers and governors. We will explain some of our latest initiatives to you. There will be lots of opportunity for you to ask questions and make suggestions. We are really keen to hear your opinions, so please do come if you can. The meeting runs in our top hall, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. We will provide a crèche in our bottom hall, so you do not have to find childcare.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Changes to our Early Years provision: Find out and question us about what we have done and why we are doing it.
- Philosophy for Children: We are running weekly philosophy lessons across the school. We see them as a key element in developing children’s communication and deeper thinking skills. Find out more about the process and its impact.
- Challenging All Children in Maths: We have been working on improving our maths provision for some time. This work has culminated in a new structure to maths teaching across the school, including a new approach to challenge. Find out more about where we have got to in our thinking about ability and challenge, and the new systems we are using.
- Assessment Without Levels and SATS 2016: The Government is still changing its approach to assessment, so there are quite a few unknowns this year. However, we will do our best to tell how ‘Assessment Without Levels’ works and what the implications are for Year 2 and 6 SATS this year.
- General Questions and Comments: We will open the floor to you and respond to your questions and ideas.
We hope to see you there.